Sunday, October 23, 2005

Satellite TV Blogs - Now I'm Just Annoyed

Now I'm just annoyed. I've spent the last hour and a half or so trying to locate another real Satellite TV blog. Go to Google Blogsearch, and type in "satellite tv". Oh look, a list of 5 "related blogs". That should be helpful. Click on any one of these related blogs, and you get nothing but a giant pile of crap. These sites are designed solely to be ranked highly by Google, and to promote the sites that they are linked to.

Then, below the "related blogs", we have post after post from expertsatellite.com/blog. expertsatellite.com is, of course, selling satellite systems. DirecTV to be exact. I recommend you not type that URL into your browser window, lest your eyeballs be melted into little puddles of sizzling goo by the loud and obnoxious site. There is absolutely zero point of the "blog", except to get indexed by google and drive traffic to the site. Here's a sample entry from the blog:

I just got a free direct tv dvr from Expert SAtellite (expertsatellite.com). It is the world’s greatest invention (along with the iPod)! I’m a tv junkie, and this is a “must have” if you love tv. I can’t live without it!
Thanks Expert satellite!

Come on! What a completely lame abuse of the whole blogging concept. I know there must be people out there with genuine blogs about this stuff. If you know of any, post them here. If you have a website or a blog, and you enjoy this blog, link to me. Tell your friends to link to me.

Ok I'm done ranting for the moment. You may return to your regularly scheduled activities.

Technorati Tags: , , ,



1 Comments:

  • That "blog search engine" is so bad, I cannot believe Google has put it out already.

    By Blogger Mike Dammann, at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home